Saturday, October 27, 2007

Children's Whispers






A child's love is like a whisper, given in little ways we do not hear


But if you listen closely it will become very clear


Daddy will play with me, Mummy tie my shoe


The many ways they tell you changes as they grow


Dad I made the team today, Mum I've got to go


Pop I need some money, you see there's this girl at school


Mama I met a boy today and wow, he's so cool


Dad I've got something to tell you, I think she is the one


Mum he asked me to marry him, would you love him as a son


Dad I've got some news for you, it's going to be a boy


Mum I'm kind of scared of this, yet I'm filled with joy


A child's love is like a whisper given in ways we do not hear


But if you listen closely it will become very clear


They often do not say it loud, but in how they come to you


Grandpa will you play with me, Grandma tie my shoe


It is a never ending a blessing from above


Listen to the whispers of a child's love.

No comments: